Sunday 2 May 2010

A PARISH PLACEMENT

Recently a prospective ordinand from the Evangelical tradition came to spend five weeks with us to experience how Anglo-catholic’s worship. In a letter published in the May edition of our magazine he writes “To summarise my time with you I would say that I was encouraged in three main ways. Firstly, I detected a reverence for our Lord in the way services are conducted. Whilst I believe it is perfectly possible to be reverent and informal, the formality of the service did remind me of how Almighty (and not ‘all-matey’) our Father in heaven is. Additionally, I very much valued the warmth of welcome always received, both during the sharing of the peace, and with many of you during coffee afterwards. Is it possible to be God’s gathered people and not be friendly? Please continue to do so all the more. Finally, I was greatly encouraged by Father Martin’s love of the scriptures (being evangelical myself!). Without the scriptures what else do we have? Many thanks therefore for making me welcome during my time with you. I am indebted to you.”

After Mass this morning, plants left from yesterday were available to buy and the money will increase our final total which stood at £1,014 announced during the notices at Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment